TOKYO (Tom Bluewater) – The time passes quite fast once the summer is over, don’t you think? We only have two months left this year. Anyway, I’m ready to introduce a pair of applications to you. One of them is called Robo Desk Central.
Robo Desk Central is a desktop application that lets you use your iOS device as a front office receptionist. It works with its iOS counterpart called Robo Desk, which is designed to answer visitors at your office. The iOS counterpart asks a visitor what their name is, who they are visiting at your office with a list of employees to choose from, whether or not they have an appointment. Once it gets all answers from a visitor, the iOS counterpart will make a call to this application, telling that you have a visitor. And Robo Desk Central records every visit.
- Let the iOS counterpart notify you of an office visit with an alert message.
- Create a list of employees accepting visitors. Click on a push button to broadcast the list to all connected iOS devices.
- Lock the view controllers of the iOS counterpart remotely so that a visitor won’t accidentally return to the home screen.
- Customize some aspects of the iOS counterpart. Broadcast settings to all connected iOS devices with a click of a button.
- Record every visit. List office visit records based on the date you select on a calendar.
- Save a list of office visit records as a tab-separated values file.
- Use this application as a host and run the iOS counterpart on multiple devices simultaneously to deal with your visits.
- Languages: English and Japanese only.
- Application file size: 26.3 MB.
- The application comes with a built-in 17-page user guide. Click on the button that says ‘How to use Robo Desk Central’ in the Home screen.
- 10.12 (tested with 10.12.6), 10.13 (not tested), 10.14 (tested with 10.14.0)
- 64-bit system
- In order to use your iOS device as a front office receptionist with this application, you must install its iOS counterpart (Robo Desk) from App Store.
- In order to use your iOS device as a front office receptionist with this application, this application and its iOS counterpart must be connected through WiFi, Bluetooth or equivalent.
Version 1.0.5 (Released on October 5th, 2019)
- The application is now compatible with macOS 10.15.
There is no trial or demo version available since the application is available for free.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
This application does not collect private data from its users. Nor does it transmit personal data to any third party. A record of data that this application receives from to its iOS counterpart includes visitor’s name, the name of the employee he or she is visiting, whether or not they have an appointment and the date when the iOS counterpart sends the record to this application.
Robo Desk Central is a product of Tom Bluewater.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.