TOKYO (Tom Bluewater) – Although I’m committed to developing games with Sprite Kit, I realize that it’s very difficult for me to compete with other game developers at App Store since I’m not really good at drawing pictures. The worst part of submitting an iOS game or any iOS app to App Store is that people may never find your app unless it’s introduced as a new comer. Choosing the right category is also important because some of them don’t even introduce new comers. So I’ve decided to switch to macOS. Actually, I’ve submitted the first macOS game to Mac App Store some 30 minutes ago. This new game is called The War of The Worlds.
It’s a simple game where you are attacked by a single enemy that regularly fires a laser beam or drops a bomb and attacks your city. Your job is of course to protect the city. Fortunately, your city is protected with electromagnetic shield, which won’t last for a long time, though. So you have to go offensive and defeat the space invader. The city hall is actually equipped with a line gun that is powerful enough to reach the space invader.
- Counter enemy’s laser beam or falling bomb with the line gun installed at the city hall for a possible reward.
- When a bomb lands right on or near a factory, a fire will erupt. Send a fire engine to the factory on fire before a huge explosion involves the entire city.
- When the space invader becomes upset, it will toss an adult male or female it has abducted out to the sky. Save a falling citizen and get a guaranteed reward.
- Call in an air reinforcement in time of trouble.
- Protect the entire city with electromagnetic shield. Press S to turn on or off the shield. You must lower the shield in order to fire the line gun at the space invader.
- Install a long-range gun at a dead apartment building to protect the city.
- Every level has one or more objectives.
- Upgrade weapons and equipment.
- A desktop computer with or without a retina display running macOS 10.11 or higher
- At least 256 MB of memory dedicated to the game
- A display capable of projecting at least 1,152 x 720 points of graphics
- In order to play all levels through Level 30, the user requires a one-time in-app purchase.
- When you complete a level, you will move onto the next. And you cannot go back to a previous one.
- You will collect all rewards only when you complete the current level. If you lose, you won’t collect a penny.
None so far…
There’s no trial or demo version.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
The War of The Worlds is a product of Tom Bluewater.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.