TOKYO (MacHouse) – My household refrigerator is big and full of sticky notes. There are phone numbers posted here and there. Which household doesn’t have a refrigerator with some kid drawings and pictures? If you wish you had a desktop screen just like that with pictures and phone numbers, try an application called Scrapboard, which we submitted to Mac App Store just about a few hours ago.
Scrapboard is a desktop application whose window looks just like a bulletin board. It’s a virtual bulletin board where you can post pictures, text notes, schedule notes with events and dates. You can freely grab and then move a post anywhere around this resizable personal information board. How do you create a picture post? All you have to do is drag and drop a picture right onto the scrap board. Can you handle that? Create a post by specifying the date of an event. Let Scrapboard monitor your events so that you will be reminded of events that are soon to arrive. Create a backup data file easily and share your data across different computers.
- Make sticky posts over a multi-page scrap board. Move a post freely with your mouse around the board.
- Drag and drop a picture right onto the scrap board to create a picture post.
- Drag and drop a selection of rich text onto a text box to create a text post.
- Create a schedule post with an event taking place on a specific date.
- Be reminded of events to take place soon.
- Double-click to move a post to a different page.
- Create a backup data file. Recover data from a backup data file. Share data computers computers, using a backup data file.
- Choose one of six pin colors to make one post a little different from others.
- Simply, press Command + right arrow or left arrow to turn pages. Or press Command + up arrow to jump back to the top page.
- Hide navigation buttons. Hide the board size label.
- Choose one of three board background patterns.
- Undo/Redo its positions after moving a post. (v. 1.1.0)
- Save the selected post as an image file to a disk. (v. 1.1.0)
- English is the default language for calendar months. Other supported languages are Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian, Russian. The user has an option of showing the day of the month followed by the calendar month or the other way around.
- The application does NOT support the fullscreen mode.
- The application supports the retina screen. (tested with 2014 2.6 GHz 13″ MacBook Pro)
- Languages: English and Japanese only.
- Application file size: 705.8 MB. (v. 1.2.2)
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- The application comes with a 10-page introduction window, giving the user a quick tour over how it works.
- 10.8 (untested), 10.9 (tested with 10.9.5), 10.10 (tested with 10.10.2)
- 64-bit system
- The application window does not support the fullscreen mode.
- The minimum window size is 640 x 480 points.
- This application does not allow the user to create styled text by selecting a font, text color & size. If necessary, use a text editor including TextEdit to write up rich text. Then drag and drop a selection of styled text onto Scrapboard’s text box.
1.2.3 (Released on August 20, 2015)
- Fix: When the user dragged and dropped a picture onto the board for the second time, the percentage label pointed to the previous value while the slider value was set back to 100%.
1.2.2 (Released on April 22, 2015)
- The fullScreen mode is now available.
- Fix: When the user saved a sticky note to their disk as a file, the image was twice smaller in dimensions for a Retina display.
- Fix: The development target was set to 10.7 when in fact the application no longer supports it.
1.2.0 (Released on April 3, 2015)
- Most image assets are put in the TIFF package.
- Three additional cork board patterns are available under the Background menu, increasing the application size to more 706 MB.
- The chalkboard and the blackboard show some brighter smudge.
- The application now comes with 4 different window frames. Choose one from the Frame menu. Or go to Preferences to set your default frame.
- A few other minor changes are made.
1.1.2 (Released on January 2, 2015)
- The user can now change the scrap board size by manually entering numbers. Choose Set Board Size under Board.
- A minor fix is done.
1.1.0 (Released on November 6, 2014)
- The user can now click on the Go button over the Summary sheet to jump to the page of the selected post.
- The user can now jump to a specific page by choosing Go to… under Page.
- When the user double-clicks on a post, a window sheet will show a preview of the selected post so that they can tell whether they have selected the right one or not.
- Double-clicking on a post, the user can now save the selected post as an image file.
- The user can now undo/redo the post positions after moving it.
- The user can now delete all posts by choosing Delete All Posts under Post.
- The user can now set the precise time and the date of an event when creating a schedule post.
- A few other minor changes and fixes are done.
1.0.1 (Released on October 30, 2014)
- A type on an English calendar month is fixed.
Application user’s guide is available (only in English). Click here to access it online.
Click here to download a trial version. This trial version will remain fully functional for 7 days, starting from the very moment you first launch it.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
Scrapboard is a product of MacHouse.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.