On a winter day, I was emotionally exhausted and felt like getting away from everything. I spontaneously got into my car and drove for hours. I wanted to go as far as I could. And I saw a restaurant at the end of a road. So I stopped my car. It was very quiet inside. I ordered a glass of wine. I held the wine glass while thinking about my work, my marriage and everything. Then I realized that there was a beautiful woman in bikini reflecting on the surface of the wine glass. I turned around. But there was nobody. That was so strange because I was the only customer in the restaurant. Who was she? The next day, I reached a beach. I hoped to run into the woman I saw on the glass. But there was no déjà vu. To be continued…
The following tutorial shows steps to create a figure reflecting on the surface of a glass, using Adobe Photoshop CS2. The wine glass photo used in this tutorial comes from PD Photo. The bikini woman photo comes from Webshots.
- Make a selection with Rectangular Marquee Tool for the size of the woman on the photo. Use Extract under Filter to get her figure.
- Paste the woman figure on the wine glass photo. Resize and rotate it with Free Transform.
- Apply Distort > Twirl to give the figure a round shape.
- Under the Layer Palette, add a mask on the woman layer. Then apply black and white gradient colors on the mask layer to partially reduce opacity on the woman layer.
- Apply a small amount of Distort > Ripple to the woman layer.
- Finally, you may want to use Adjustments > Hue/Saturation on the woman layer to reduce light and saturation.
Video tutorial with no audio commentary
Photoshop CS2 is a product of Adobe Systems Incorporated.