Last Memorial Day, my wife said she wanted to eat an apple. So I went to buy some in the middle of an evening. What can I say? It was her birthday. But stores were all closed. I didn’t want to go home empty-handed. No, I wasn’t afraid she would throw me out of the house. It was her special day. So I went to my study while she was watching TV. Then I launched Adobe Illustrator CS2. And in a matter of 5 minutes or so, I designed a red apple, hoping I could fool her somehow.
The following tutorial shows simple steps to design a 3D apple with Adobe Illustrator CS2.
- Using Elliptical Tool, draw a vertically long ellipse.
- Choose a fill color. The RGB color we picked, for example, is 189, 0, 0.
- While the ellipse is selected, choose 3D > Revolve under Effect.
- Depending on the size of the ellipse, adjust the number of blend steps to get smooth gradation.
- Press Command + Shift + Option + A a couple of times to add anchor points. Then use Direct Selection Tool to move them and adjust the shape of the image.
Illustrator CS2 is a product of Adobe Systems Incorporated.