CodeBlue is an 8-year-old project that started in May, 2013. This is the fifth installment of the series.
The basic idea of CodeBlue is to give a software developer quick access to lines of software code they have written under different groups. So there is a drop-down menu at the top that lets you select a group. When you select one, you will see a list of titles in the table below. Selecting one, you will get lines of code to the right. Also, CodeBlue lets you save one or more reference URLs for each code snippet record so that you can select one and click on the Go button to go back to the source of information.
- The user can now set version numbers in each group. And you can select a version number to filter code snippet titles.
- The user can now make image attachments to individual code snippet records.
- The user can now run a title search on top of an existing content search.
- The application comes with a total of 240 group icons (+16).
- The user can now merge one group into another.
- The application is fully compatible with the appearance mode (Light/Dark).
- Store thousands of code snippet records across different groups. Switch between groups with a drop-down menu.
- Create a code snippet record with reference URLs. Select a code snippet record and click on Go to go back to the reference.
- Make one or more image attachments to a code snippet record.
- Click on the Find tab at the bottom to run a content search within the current group.
- Click on the Global-find toolbar button to run a search across all groups.
- Merge one group into another.
- Reorder groups.
- Highlight the titles of important code snippet records with three levels.
- Move the selected code snippet record to a different group.
- Filter code snippet titles with a version number of your selection
- Filter code snippet titles with a key phrase.
- Syntax-highlight phrases with tags that are set in the group.
- Export a code snippet record so that you can email to a remote location to use it.
- Export an entire group so that you can email to a remote location to use it.
- Make a backup data file with a click of a button. Recover data from a backup data file.
- The application supports the dark mode.
- The fullScreen mode is supported.
- The application supports the retina screen. (tested with 2019 3 GHz 27″ iMac)
- Languages: English only.
- Application file size: 40.8 MB.
- Click on the push button at the bottom-left corner of each window to open a menu and then click on GUIDE to learn how to use the application.
- macOS 10.15, macOS 11, macOS 12
- 64-bit system
- The application is free to use with no restrictions for the first week. After the first week, you can still use it to browse and read code snippet records. But you won’t be able to create a new group or a new code snippet record.
Version 5.0.8 (Released on November 24th, 2021)
- Fix: When the user filtered code snippet titles, the application could point to a wrong code snippet record.
Version 5.0.7 (Released on November 23rd, 2021)
- Fix: The user was not able to remove existing reference URLs when editing a code snippet record.
- The user can now hold onto a code snippet record once they select its title in the table and then reselect it. In order to hold onto a code snippet record, choose Save Snippet Selection under Snippet after selecting its title. Then choose Reselect Snippet under Snippet at any time to reselect it.
Version 5.0.5 (Released on November 16th, 2021)
- A set of fixes are made concerning code snippet record screenshots.
- The user can now duplicate an existing code snippet record by choosing Duplicate Snippet under Snippet.
Version 5.0.3 (Released on November 14th, 2021)
- Change: When running a content search, the application will accept a key containing a colon. The user can also name a code snippet record with a colon.
Version 5.0.2 (Released on November 13th, 2021)
- Fix: The application did not correctly rename the title of the selected code snippet record unless the user selected the group it belonged manually.
- Fix: The application did not automatically select code snippet record in the table after the user edited it.
- Fix: The application was not fully functional after the user made an in-app purchase for ‘Unlimited.’
- Installed to the left of the Edit button is a segment control. Click on the 0 tab to completely move the divider of the horizontal split view to the left. Click on the 200 tab to slightly move the divider to the right. And click on the max tab to completely move the divider to the right.
- Some other changes are made.
There is no demo version available. The user is given a free one-week trial period with no restrictions.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
This application does not collect privacy data from its users. It does not share any type of data with a third party.
Apps made available through the App Store are licensed, not sold, to you. Your license to each App is subject to your prior acceptance of either this Licensed Application End User License Agreement (“Standard EULA”), or a custom end user license agreement between you and the Application Provider (“Custom EULA”), if one is provided. Your license to any Apple App under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by Apple, and your license to any Third Party App under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by the Application Provider of that Third Party App. Any App that is subject to this Standard EULA is referred to herein as the “Licensed Application.” The Application Provider or Apple as applicable (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Application not expressly granted to you under this Standard EULA.
a. Scope of License: Licensor grants to you a nontransferable license to use the Licensed Application on any Apple-branded products that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules. The terms of this Standard EULA will govern any content, materials, or services accessible from or purchased within the Licensed Application as well as upgrades provided by Licensor that replace or supplement the original Licensed Application, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a Custom EULA. Except as provided in the Usage Rules, you may not distribute or make the Licensed Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not transfer, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Application and, if you sell your Apple Device to a third party, you must remove the Licensed Application from the Apple Device before doing so. You may not copy (except as permitted by this license and the Usage Rules), reverse-engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent that any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open-sourced components included with the Licensed Application).
b. Consent to Use of Data: You agree that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Application. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.
c. Termination. This Standard EULA is effective until terminated by you or Licensor. Your rights under this Standard EULA will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of its terms.
d. External Services. The Licensed Application may enable access to Licensor’s and/or third-party services and websites (collectively and individually, “External Services”). You agree to use the External Services at your sole risk. Licensor is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any third-party External Services, and shall not be liable for any such third-party External Services. Data displayed by any Licensed Application or External Service, including but not limited to financial, medical and location information, is for general informational purposes only and is not guaranteed by Licensor or its agents. You will not use the External Services in any manner that is inconsistent with the terms of this Standard EULA or that infringes the intellectual property rights of Licensor or any third party. You agree not to use the External Services to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten or defame any person or entity, and that Licensor is not responsible for any such use. External Services may not be available in all languages or in your Home Country, and may not be appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to use such External Services, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable laws. Licensor reserves the right to change, suspend, remove, disable or impose access restrictions or limits on any External Services at any time without notice or liability to you.
e. NO WARRANTY: YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE LICENSED APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND LICENSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LICENSOR OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
f. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LICENSOR BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE LICENSED APPLICATION, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Licensor’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
g. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licensed Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S.-embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s Specially Designated Nationals List or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Application, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, missile, or chemical or biological weapons.
h. The Licensed Application and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
i. Except to the extent expressly provided in the following paragraph, this Agreement and the relationship between you and Apple shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You and Apple agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California, to resolve any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement. If (a) you are not a U.S. citizen; (b) you do not reside in the U.S.; (c) you are not accessing the Service from the U.S.; and (d) you are a citizen of one of the countries identified below, you hereby agree that any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement shall be governed by the applicable law set forth below, without regard to any conflict of law provisions, and you hereby irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the state, province or country identified below whose law governs:
If you are a citizen of any European Union country or Switzerland, Norway or Iceland, the governing law and forum shall be the laws and courts of your usual place of residence.
j. The full use of this application involves one in-app purchase. It is unlocked when you launch the application for the first time. And you can use this application with free of charge for one week without restrictions. You will not be billed during this period. Continuous use of this application requires a one-time purchase of an IAP product titled ‘Unlimited.’ The price for the IAP product is stated at Mac App Store and may change over time. Once you make a purchase, your payment will be non-refundable.
CodeBlue 5 is a product of Tom Bluewater.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.