TOKYO (Tom Bluewater) – I’m not enjoying this summer at all. I can’t stand scorching temperatures. It’s quite difficult for me to step outside and go grocery-shopping when I know that I need to get some food.
Anyway, I’ve been working hard lately. And I have double software releases to report to you. One of the software title that I submitted to Mac App Store several minutes ago is called AllNews Desktop 3.
AllNews Desktop 3 (hereafter, AllNews) is the 3rd installment of an RSS news reader. Released at the same time is the iOS counterpart called AllNews 3. AllNews lets you read horizontally-scrolling lines of news from multiple sources around the world simultaneously. No, AllNews does the scrolling for you. You just sit relaxed and read news from multiple sources with your hands free.
- The built-in library of RSS sources has been updated. It now has more than 1,500 RSS sources from around the world.
- Create a watch list and let AllNews watch out for any news article title matching any of the keywords.
- Share the current news article as an image through other applications.
- Validate the URL of an existing RSS source record individually.
- Run lines of news manually without a timer.
- Let the application scroll news from multiple sources you select from right to left simultaneously. You just sit relaxed and read scrolling news.
- Get access to nearly 1,500 RSS news sources from nearly six dozen news media organizations around the world. Create an RSS source record by selecting a source from the built-in library.
- Create an RSS source record by specifying the URL of a news source.
- Change the order by which lines of news appear and scroll.
- Let the application label the title of a news article with the new tag if it has been the first time appearing since the last update.
- Let the application automatically update news periodically. The user can choose one of the several time intervals (10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 40 minutes, 50 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours).
- Select one of 16 phases to change the speed by which the application runs news.
- Stop and run scrolling news by pressing Command + R whenever necessary.
- Click on a news title and get the web content. The view in the lower section serves as a simple web browser.
- Share news you are currently reading as text strings with your friends through social media applications including Mail, Facebook, Twitter.
- Share news you are currently reading as an image with your friends through social media applications including Mail, Facebook, Twitter.
- Run a search to find articles containing titles that match your search phrase.
- Save a news source you have registered as a file (.an3) to your disk. Send an RSS source data file to the iOS version of application (AllNews) through AirDrop.
- Double-click on a source field to see a list of news articles for the selected RSS source.
- Create a watch list and let AllNews watch out for any news article article matching any of the keywords.
- The fullScreen mode is supported.
- The application supports the retina screen. (tested with 2014 2.6 GHz 13″ MacBook Pro)
- Languages: English only.
- Application file size: 35.8 MB.
- The application comes with a built-in 19-page user guide. Click on the button that says ‘User’s guide for AllNews Desktop 3’ in the Home screen.
- 10.13 (tested with 10.13.6), 10.14 (tested with 10.14.4)
- 64-bit system
- The application is free to use for the first week. Further continuous use of this application will require a one-time purchase of an in-app product. or it will cease to download news.
- Letting the application update news requires the Internet connection.
Version 3.2.0 (Released on October 4th, 2019)
- A set of fixes is made to make the application compatible with macOS 10.15.
Version 3.1.0 (Released on August 26th, 2019)
- A new group of news sources are available: CRN (Australia), CTV (Canada), Military (U.S.), The Hill (U.S.), Politico (U.S.), ProPublica (U.S.), San Diego Union-Tribune (U.S.). The total number of RSS sources is now 1,637.
3.0.4 (Released on August 7th, 2019)
- Fix: The application did not check the Internet connection before attempting to deliver news.
3.0.3 (Released on August 6th, 2019)
- The application could keep running the progress wheel while validating the selected RSS source.
- Several new news outlets are added to the build-in RSS source library. They are Baltimore Sun (U.S.), ESPN (U.S.), MLB (U.S.), Expansión (Mexico), La Jornada (Mexico), Het Nieuwsblad (Belgium), Ведомости (Russia), which gives the application a total of 1,529 RSS sources.
- If it turns out that one or more lines of news is blank when the application finishes accessing all RSS sources to deliver news, it will display an alert box, indicating which particular RSS sources have failed.
- User’s guide is amended for No. #3.
There is no trial or demo version available since the application is available for free.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
This application does not collect or utilize privacy data (user name, user address, user phone number, current geographical location, etc.) from its users. And it does not share any type of information from you with a third party.
Apps made available through the App Store are licensed, not sold, to you. Your license to each App is subject to your prior acceptance of either this Licensed Application End User License Agreement (“Standard EULA”), or a custom end user license agreement between you and the Application Provider (“Custom EULA”), if one is provided. Your license to any Apple App under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by Apple, and your license to any Third Party App under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by the Application Provider of that Third Party App. Any App that is subject to this Standard EULA is referred to herein as the “Licensed Application.” The Application Provider or Apple as applicable (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Application not expressly granted to you under this Standard EULA.
a. Scope of License: Licensor grants to you a nontransferable license to use the Licensed Application on any Apple-branded products that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules. The terms of this Standard EULA will govern any content, materials, or services accessible from or purchased within the Licensed Application as well as upgrades provided by Licensor that replace or supplement the original Licensed Application, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a Custom EULA. Except as provided in the Usage Rules, you may not distribute or make the Licensed Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not transfer, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Application and, if you sell your Apple Device to a third party, you must remove the Licensed Application from the Apple Device before doing so. You may not copy (except as permitted by this license and the Usage Rules), reverse-engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent that any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open-sourced components included with the Licensed Application).
b. Consent to Use of Data: You agree that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Application. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.
c. Termination. This Standard EULA is effective until terminated by you or Licensor. Your rights under this Standard EULA will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of its terms.
d. External Services. The Licensed Application may enable access to Licensor’s and/or third-party services and websites (collectively and individually, “External Services”). You agree to use the External Services at your sole risk. Licensor is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any third-party External Services, and shall not be liable for any such third-party External Services. Data displayed by any Licensed Application or External Service, including but not limited to financial, medical and location information, is for general informational purposes only and is not guaranteed by Licensor or its agents. You will not use the External Services in any manner that is inconsistent with the terms of this Standard EULA or that infringes the intellectual property rights of Licensor or any third party. You agree not to use the External Services to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten or defame any person or entity, and that Licensor is not responsible for any such use. External Services may not be available in all languages or in your Home Country, and may not be appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to use such External Services, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable laws. Licensor reserves the right to change, suspend, remove, disable or impose access restrictions or limits on any External Services at any time without notice or liability to you.
e. NO WARRANTY: YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE LICENSED APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND LICENSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LICENSOR OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
f. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LICENSOR BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE LICENSED APPLICATION, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Licensor’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
g. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licensed Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S.-embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s Specially Designated Nationals List or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Application, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, missile, or chemical or biological weapons.
h. The Licensed Application and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
i. Except to the extent expressly provided in the following paragraph, this Agreement and the relationship between you and Apple shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You and Apple agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California, to resolve any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement. If (a) you are not a U.S. citizen; (b) you do not reside in the U.S.; (c) you are not accessing the Service from the U.S.; and (d) you are a citizen of one of the countries identified below, you hereby agree that any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement shall be governed by the applicable law set forth below, without regard to any conflict of law provisions, and you hereby irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the state, province or country identified below whose law governs:
If you are a citizen of any European Union country or Switzerland, Norway or Iceland, the governing law and forum shall be the laws and courts of your usual place of residence.
Specifically excluded from application to this Agreement is that law known as the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
j. You can use the application with free of charge for one week. And you will not billed. Further continuous use of this application will require a one-time purchase of an in-app product. The price for this in-app purchase is stated at Mac App Store and may change over time. Once you make a purchase, your payment will be nonrefundable.
AllNews Desktop 3 is a product of Tom Bluewater.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.