TOKYO (Tom Bluewater) – It rains quite a bit in September. We hardly see the sun this month. Anyway, I have one iOS app to introduce before this month ends. A new iOS app that I submitted to App Store a few minutes ago is called Ride Watch.
When you take a cab ride, you never know that the driver will take the shortest route. Who knows where a stranger will take you if you fall into sleep after a long night of parting? Ride Watch lets you monitor your ride, recording GPS positions. With an in-app purchase, Ride Watch will send you a local notification when your ride deviates from an expected route. The app will even let you simulate your ride in the past.
- Create a list of ride destinations.
- Select a destination from a list. And let the app monitor your ride with a tap of a button.
- Let the app estimate the ride duration and travel distance.
- Save or not save ride data. (in-app purchase)
- Let the app send you a local notification when your ride deviates from an expected route. (in-app purchase)
- Let the app send you a local notification when your ride nears the destination. (in-app purchase)
- Select distance units – meters or yards and kilometers or miles.
- Select one of the distances from a list as to when the app decides your ride has deviated from an expected route.
- Select one of the distances from a list as to when the app decides your ride has neared the selected destination.
- Select one of the distances from a list as to the maximum ride distance you will take.
- Simulate your ride in the past. (in-app purchase)
- Select a map type (standard, hybrid, satellite).
- Languages: English
- Application file size: 47.8 MB
- The app comes with a built-in 9-page user’s guide. Tap User’s guide in the Home screen.
- iOS 10.0 or above
- iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
- In order to let the app monitor your ride, your device must have constant access to the Internet.
Version 1.0.3 (Released on October 1st, 2018)
- When the user selects an impassable route to a destination (i.e. middle of a lake) in taking a ride, the app will show an alert message.
There is no trial or demo version available since it’s available as freeware.
Ride Watch is a product of Tom Bluewater.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.