TOKYO (Tom Bluewater) – Finally, the summer is over in the area where I live. That’s good. I hate to sweat. If it’s not good, that’s because it rains quite a bit. Anyway, I’m ready to introduce a new iOS app that I have been working on. It’s an iOS version of the desktop application that I released about 10 days ago. It’s called Family Track Central. Yeah, it’s the same name.
Family Track Central is an iOS version of an existing desktop application that helps you keep track of geographic locations of your family members in real time through their iOS devices. These days, most high school students own smartphones. When your child doesn’t come home before their curfew, wouldn’t you want to know where they are right now? Or wait for 72 hours so that the police can handle it as a missing person case and get a warrant by court from the cellular company? Wouldn’t it be nice if you get a local notification from your Mac when your family member approaches an area they are not supposed to go to? That’s what Family Track Central is about. It will let you pinpoint geographic positions of your family members on the map so that you can quickly find out where they are.
- Download a profile (UUID, display name, display picture) created by your family members from iCloud Drive.
- Import a family member profile sent by AirDrop.
- Keep track of geographic positions of your family members on the map. Find out where they were last time at exact time.
- Follow the movement of a family member you select on the map.
- Use a local data file to see the last known locations of your family members.
- Remove 100 location records at a time from iCloud Drive.
- Change map types (standard, hybrid, satellite). See Settings.
- Show or not show the geographic location of a family member in the callout window when tracking them. See Settings.
- Trace the footsteps of a family member during a given date. (in-app purchase) Use a local data file to trace the footsteps of a family member.
- Languages: English
- Application file size: 51.5 MB
- iOS 11.0 or above
- iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
- In order for you to keep track of your family members in real time, they must have an iOS app called ‘Family Track Me’ installed and running on their devices.
- In order for you to keep track of your family members in real time, you all must share the same iCloud account with iCloud Drive on.
- In order for you to keep track of your family members in real time, they must have constant access to the Internet.
Version 1.0.1 (Released on September 22nd, 2018)
- The app could not show a valid alert message when the user tried to access App Store without the Internet connection.
There is no trial or demo version available since it’s available as freeware.
Family Track Central is a product of Tom Bluewater.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.