TOKYO (Tom Bluewater) – It looks like the summer is almost there although the yearly rainy season hasn’t started yet. Before it does, I have something to report to you. Oh, yeah, a new app, right? Yes. A desktop application that I submitted to Mac App Store some 30 seconds ago is called Desk Shots 3. Yes, Desk Shots Version 3 is ready to roll!
- The user can insert one or more rectangular comment boxes to a screenshot.
- The user can consecutively take multiple screenshots at a time, each one taken every second.
- The user can select a position where the countdown timer appears.
- There are 18 shapes (circle, square, diamond, star, heart…) to choose from. The user can choose to include a shape around the mouse pointer.
- Set up a folder once so that the application knows where to save your desktop screenshots. No, Desk Shots 3 won’t prompt you to name a file every time you click on the capture button. Right, all you have to do is click on ‘Capture Screen’ at the top.
- Let the application automatically name each screenshot with a base name you set + an underscore + a number so that it won’t overwrite your existing files.
- Define a partial area of your desktop (like 1,440 pts x 900 pts over 2,560 pts x 1,440 pts) so that the application will make a cutout. Create presets.
- Add one or more rectangular comment boxes to your screenshots.
- Resize a comment box with your mouse pointer.
- Make selected comment box visible or invisible.
- Select a typeface (regular, bold, italic, condensed…) over a font family you select in order to write a text comment.
- Include or not include the mouse pointer in your screenshots.
- Include or not include a shape (circle, square, octagon, diamond, heart, start…) of your selection around the mouse pointer.
- Fill a shape of your selection with a color. Apply a stroke to it.
- Override the current system cursor and replace it with a cursor type of your selection.
- Delay in taking a desktop screenshot with a circular countdown timer appearing on your desktop.
- Select a position where to display a countdown timer.
- Consecutively take multiple desktop screenshots. Pick a number (x), and the application will make a screenshot every second x times.
- Rescale screenshots.
- The fullScreen mode is supported.
- The application supports the retina screen. (tested with 2014 2.6 GHz 13″ MacBook Pro)
- Languages: English only.
- Application file size: 30.0 MB.
- The application comes with a built-in 16-page user guide. Click on the button that says ‘Learn how to use Desk Shots 3’ in the Home screen.
- 10.12 (tested with 10.12.1 and 10.12.6), 10.13 (tested with 10.13.4)
- 64-bit system
- A display capable of showing at least 660 pts x 558 pts
Nothing so far…
Nothing so far…
Click here to download a trial version. This trial version will remain fully functional for 7 days, starting from the very moment you first launch it. If you are running this trial version under macOS 10.12 Sierra, you need to quit the application right after the first launch to evade a Sierra bug.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
Desk Shots 3 is a product of Tom Bluewater.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.