TOKYO (Tom Bluewater) – There is no question that emoji symbols that Apple offers for macOS and iOS users are far more beautiful than those available for Android, Windows and other systems. If you have ever seen any of emoji symbols designed by Microsoft, you probably agree that they are terribly ugly.
If you love emoji symbols, you may want to use them as pictures except that there is no easy way of converting them into image files. Yes, I have a desktop application called ePics for this purpose. Unfortunately, ePics won’t run properly under macOS 10.12 Sierra. So I spent the last several days developing an upgrade to ePics. An application that I submitted to Mac App Store several minutes ago is called Emoji de Picture 2.
Emoji de Picture 2 is a direct successor of an existing desktop application called ePics. Emoji de Picture 2 lets you convert emoji symbols you select into image files. You have access to all emoji symbols that are available under macOS 10.12.5. Emoji de Picture 2 supports skin tones. All you have to do is click on a skin tone button, and all emoji symbols that support skin tones will have the skin tone altered accordingly.
- The application is compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- You can change skin tones of some of emoji symbols.
- The user can flip an emoji symbol horizontally or vertically.
- Save individual emoji symbols as image files.
- Save all emoji symbols in the collection box as images at a time.
- Some emoji symbols support skin tones.
- Narrow a list of emoji symbols by running a search with a (case-sensitive) keyword.
- Flip an emoji symbol you select horizontally or vertically.
- The fullScreen mode is supported.
- The application supports the retina screen. (tested with 2014 2.6 GHz 13″ MacBook Pro)
- Languages: English only.
- Application file size: 22.6 MB.
- The application comes with a built-in 10-page user guide. Choose Show Quick Tour under Emoji de Picture 2 whenever you need to see it.
- 10.11 (tested with 10.11.6), 10.12 (tested with 10.12.2 and 10.12.5)
- 64-bit system
- Although the application is designed to run under macOS 10.11.0 or higher, the user is strongly advised to run this application under macOS 10.12.5 or higher.
- Although the application is capable of saving an image as large as 1,024 points x 1,024 points, emoji symbols aren’t designed to be viewed at such a large scale. A recommended image size is 128 points x 128 points.
- The list of emoji symbols for each category is based on macOS 10.12.5. Depending on the current system version you are running, you may not have access to all emoji symbols that the application offers.
- Not all emoji symbols support skin tones.
- Search must be run with English keywords only because unicode characters are all named only in English.
Nothing so far…
A trial version will be available soon.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
Emoji de Picture 2 is a product of Tom Bluewater.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.