TOKYO (MacHouse) – It was a record month last March where I released seven applications. Now, I’ve run out of ideas. Guess what I do when I run out of development ideas. That’s when I upgrade existing ones. What I submitted to Mac App Store about a few hours ago is an upgrade to Pict2Curl. And my latest new software release is called Pict2Curl 2.
Pict2Curl 2 is a desktop application that lets you combine two pictures to create a new one that looks like the top picture is curled in a way such that you can see part of the bottom picture. It’s a major upgrade to an existing software title. Version 2 has been developed from a scratch and utilizes a different Core Image filter.
- The user can additionally curl the top picture horizontally from left to right or right to left.
- The user can control the radius of the curled part.
- The user can cast a shadow around the curled area.
- The user can save configurations by choosing Save Settings under Pict2Curl 2.
- It comes with a complete Japanese localization.
- Curl the top picture diagonally or horizontally.
- Save the current picture to a disk. Supported formats are BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF.
- Cast a dark shadow around the curled part. Control the extent and the opacity of the shadow.
- Create a 2-color gradient pattern for the back of the top picture.
- Control the radius of the curl.
- Use two drop boxes to select and open top and bottom pictures that are readily accessible.
- Save and load configurations.
- The application supports the fullScreen mode.
- The application supports the retina screen. (tested with 2014 2.6 GHz 13″ MacBook Pro)
- Languages: English and Japanese only
- Application file size: 18.7 MB.
- The application comes with a 10-page introduction window, giving the user a quick tour over how it works.
- 10.9 (tested with 10.9.5), 10.10 (tested with 10.10.2)
- 64-bit system
- Regardless of original resolutions, a final picture will be saved to a disk with resolutions of 72 dpi x 72 dpi for non-retina screen models (144 dpi x 144 dpi for retina screen models with JPEG, PNG, TIFF).
- The application may not run properly unless the system language is either English or Japanese.
2.1.0 (Released on April 14, 2015)
- Fix: The application allowed the user to select multiple pictures at a time.
- The user can now view the current picture by rescaling it. Choose a view rate under the View menu or click on the + or – button to change the view rate.
- Fix: The application could fail to work properly after the user selected and opened two pictures for some localized languages other than English and Japanese.
- The user can now switch top and bottom pictures.
- The application icon has been redesigned a bit.
Click here to download a trial version. This trial version will remain fully functional for 7 days, starting from the very moment you first launch it.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
Pict2Curl 2 is a product of MacHouse.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.