TOKYO (MacHouse) – I have released four desktop applications so far this month. I have never been so productive since my mother’s death. That’s probably something to do with the weather. February is definitely not my favorite month. Finally, we are under March. And we’ve been enjoying warmer days. Well, I have already submitted my fifth Mac software title to Apple‘s Mac App Store more than 12 hours ago. This new software release is called desKuick.
desKuick is a desktop application that lets you change desktop wallpapers quickly. That’s made possible by its status menu. All you have to do is to explore desKuick’s status menu and select one, and the application will instantly swap desktop wallpapers. Of couse, you could alway change desktop pictures by opening System Preferences. I’ve developed desKuick because I don’t want to open System Preferences each time I have to change desktop pictures.
- Select a picture under application’s status menu and set that selected picture as desktop wallpaper.
- Hold down the control key and select a picture under application’s status menu to add that selected picture to your favorite list.
- Select a favorite wallpaper in the list and click on Set Picture to easily set that selected picture as desktop wallpaper.
- The application supports the retina screen. (tested with 2014 2.6 GHz 13″ MacBook Pro)
- The application does not support the fullscreen mode.
- Languages: English and Japanese only
- Application file size: 11.4 MB MB.
- The application comes with a 12-page introduction window, giving the user a quick tour over how it works.
- 10.8 (tested with 10.8.4), 10.9 (tested with 10.9.5), 10.10 (tested with 10.10.0)
- 64-bit system
- The application will read desktop pictures only located in the Desktop Pictures folder inside the Library folder.
1.0.3 (Released on April 2, 2015)
- A few Japanese localization strings are corrected.
- Fix: The application could duplicate screenshot commands in the status bar when the user clicked on the refresh button on the main application window.
- After closing the Quick Tour window, the user was not always open it again from the menu.
Click here to download a trial version. This trial version will remain fully functional for 7 days, starting from the very moment you first launch it.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
desKuick is a product of MacHouse.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.