TOKYO (MacHouse) – If I have some idea about what to create next, I am most likely to be able to finish an application in a few days. Well, I’m working on PDF these days. After releasing the last application related to PDF, I’m ready to introduce another. In fact, I submitted a new Mac software title to Mac App Store several hours ago. This new release is called PDF2Pictures.
PDF2Pictures lets you convert selected or all pages of a PDF document into pictures. Using PDF2Pictures is quite simple. Just drag and drop a PDF file onto the drop box to the left. Then select a page or multiple pages over the page list below. You can click on the Export All Pages toolbar button to just save all pages as pictures or click on the Export Page or the Export Pages toolbar button, depending on how many pages you’ve selected in the list.
- Convert one particular page in the page list into a picture by clicking on the Export Page toolbar button.
- Convert multiple pages in the page list into pictures by clicking on the Export Pages toolbar button.
- Convert all pages in the selected PDF document into pictures by clicking on the Export All toolbar button.
- Insert to each page a background layer with a color of your selection to cover the area outside the printing area.
- Use a drop box to select and open a PDF file that is readily accessible.
- The application supports the retina screen. (tested with 2014 2.6 GHz 13″ MacBook Pro)
- The application supports the fullscreen mode.
- Languages: English and Japanese only
- Application file size: 9.6 MB.
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- The application comes with a 9-page introduction window, giving the user a quick tour over how it works.
- 10.9 (tested with 10.9.5), 10.10 (tested with 10.10.0)
- 64-bit system
- A PDF file that you select must not be password-locked as this application does not work password-protected documents.
- The resolutions of converted pictures are fixed (72 dpi x 72 dpi for non-retina and 144 dpi x 144 dpi for retina screen)
1.0.2 (Released on March 30, 2015)
- The page numbers appearing in the list are now vertically centered.
- The background color of the top area is brighter.
1.0.1 (Released on March 4, 2015)
- Mac OS X 10.8 is dropped as a deployment target.
Application user’s guide is available (only in English). Click here to access it online.
Click here to download a trial version. This trial version will remain fully functional for 7 days, starting from the very moment you first launch it.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
PDF2Pictures is a product of MacHouse.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.