TOKYO (MacHouse) – These days, I rarely develop iOS applications. That’s mostly because I don’t own an iPhone. I have two iPad minis, though. The last iOS application that I developed is OrganizeX Mobile, I believe. Well, I submitted the first iOS application of this year to App Store about an hour ago. This new iOS software release is called Map-It!.
As the name suggests, this application has something to do with MapKit – iOS & Mac OX framework for geographic location map. There is no question that Apple’s Maps is useful. Yet, there is no guarantee that it’s always functional. If you have a WiFi version of iPad, you cannot not use it without WiFi access. So what Map-It! does is to let you save the current map as a picture. And you can view a saved map as a picture with or without WiFi connection or phone signal.
- Save as many as 6 maps as pictures. Tap a map picture to enlarge.
- Remove any of saved map pictures.
- Set your default geographic location in Settings.
- Languages: English and Japanese.
- Application file size: 1.1 MB.
- A complete user’s guide is available online. (Tap Help from the Home tab.)
- iPhone 3.5 inch, iPhone 4 inch, iPhone 4.7 inch, iPhone 5.5 inch, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPad mini 2 or other iPad versions running iOS 7 or iOS 8
- The user can store as many as 6 maps as pictures.
Nothing so far…
Application user’s guide is available (only in English). Click here to access it online.
There is no trial version available.
There is no video tutorial available at this time.
Map-It! is a product of MacHouse.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.