TOKYO (MacHouse) – I’m very slow this month partly due to the family tragedy that occurred last month. Yet, I’m finally ready to introduce the second software title of the month, which I submitted to Mac App Store a few hours ago. This new release is called AskKey Essential.
AskKey Essential is a desktop application that comes with a status menu. It gives you quick access to common characters and their corresponding ASCII code numbers or HTML notations. Regardless of the development platform, ASCII code numbers are important for software developers. It’ll be sometimes easier for them to produce a particular character with a code number, depending on the programming language they work with.
- List basic and extended ASCII characters (ISO 8859-1) with their corresponding code numbers.
- Click on HTML over the top toggle button to list characters with their corresponding HTML notations.
- Highlight the selected ASCII node number or HTML notation.
- Choose a highlight color.
- Customize the way the selected ASCII code number or the HTML notation appears in the code field.
- Add the selected ASCII code number or the HTML notation to the status menu for quick access.
- The application supports the retina screen. (tested with 2014 2.6 GHz 13″ MacBook Pro)
- Languages: English.
- Application file size: 10.9 MB.
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- The application comes with a 9-page introduction window, giving the user a quick tour over how it works.
- 10.7 (tested with 10.7.5), 10.8 (untested), 10.9 (tested with 10.9.5), 10.10 (tested with 10.10.0)
- 64-bit system
None so far…
1.0.3 (Released on January 3, 2015)
- Gray image layers are added behind the type segment control at the top and also behind the h and + buttons so that they will be visible under Mac OS X 10.10.
1.0.1 (Released on December 18, 2014)
- Fixed: The text color of the push buttons over the main application is altered because of Mac OS X Yosemite.
Application user’s guide is available (only in English). Click here to access it online.
Click here to download a trial version. This trial version will remain fully functional for 7 days, starting from the very moment you first launch it.
There is no video tutorial at this time.
AskKey Essential is a product of MacHouse.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.