TOKYO (MacHouse) – Obviously, Apple, Inc. has been seriously preparing for the release of Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite for the past several days. We can tell that because they are not reviewing iOS submissions. It looks like they’ve assigned a large army of reviewers to working on Yosemite. That doesn’t stop us from working on new desktop application, though. In fact, we just submit a new desktop application to Mac App Store several hours ago. This new submission is called CutAround.
CutAround is a simple desktop application that lets you cut out a circular area of a picture with a click of a button. You can of course define a circular area size. Just pan the picture itself to define an area you want to cut out. Do you wan to border the cutout with a color? No problema nada… Just pick a color and a border size.
- Save the selected cutout picture or all cutout pictures at a time.
- Border or not border a cutout picture with a color of your selection.
- Choose Save Settings to save the settings such as radius, marker color, border color.
- Pan the picture with your mouse to define a cutout area.
- The application supports the retina display.
- The application supports the fullscreen mode.
- Choose a view size to rescale the picture.
- Languages: English only.
- Application file size: 13.4 MB.
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- The application comes with a 11-page introduction window, giving the user a quick tour over how it works.
- 10.8 (untested), 10.9 (tested with 10.9.5), 10.10 (tested with 10.10.2)
- 64-bit system
- The only supported export formats are BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF.
1.0.8 (Released on April 15, 2015)
- The application could fail to work properly with an European localization package where the comma is used to denote a decimal number.
- Mac OS X 10.7 is cut off, and the development target is set to OS X 10.8.
- The application will write one or more final images to the disk with resolutions of 144 dpi x 144 dpi for JPEG, PNG, TIFF is they have a Retina display.
1.0.5 (Released on October 17, 2014)
- Fix: The window close, minimize, maximize buttons did not roll over when the user hovers one of them with mouse.
- Fix: The mouse pointer did not always transform itself into that of openhand when it entered the display area.
- Fix: The window sheet covered the custom titlebar when it appeared.
1.0.2 (Released on October 8, 2014)
- Fix: A custom font coming with the application did not appear properly.
- The 11th page is added to the quick tour.
- Fix: The application support URL was incorrect.
Application user’s guide is available (only in English). Click here to access it online.
Click here to download a trial version. This trial version will remain fully functional for 7 days, starting from the very moment you first launch it.
A video tutorial with text commentary is available in the form of a QuickTime movie. Click here. The data size is 89.0 MB, and the movie duration is 9 minutes and 21 seconds. The video dimensions are 1,440 x 900 pts.
CutAround is a product of MacHouse.
The source image files appearing on the screenshots come from the U.S. White House and the U.S. State Department.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.