TOKYO (MacHouse) – Yes, we are back to software development after sending the main machine to Apple, Inc. If you remember our last public announcement, it was supposed to be a simple fix for light burns that were found on the lower side of the iMac display. And we wanted to send this 2013 iMac to Apple before its one-year warranty expired. In fact, it’s his one year birthday today. It’s nice to have a one-year warranty to fix broken parts. And an Apple tech guy actually fixed something that we didn’t asked for. They said they detected an unusual noise coming out of the power supply unit. It’s very nice of them to run a diagnostic test to see everything is all right. The scary part is that we could have ended up with another broken iMac if we had not sent it to Apple with unnoticeable burns. If you remember what happened to us exactly one year ago, we had to send a 2011 iMac to Apple for repair. And they discovered that an internal speaker (just one of them) and an internal DVD drive were broken. That’s why we ended up buying that 2013 iMac in the first place.
Anyway, we submitted our first software title of the month to Apple’s Mac App Store a few hours ago. This new software release is called TextAround2. TextAround2 is the second major release of a desktop application that lets you create a text image along a circular path. It’s been developed from a scratch with several new features. You now have an option of laying a text image on a circular path or a horizontal path. The user no longer has to manually create a color gradation map. The application comes with a built-in library containing more than 100 color styles. The second release also lets you generate a bunch of text images in rotation for the purpose of creating an animation movie.
- Choose one of more than 100 color styles to make a text image appealing.
- Set a text image on a circular path or a horizontal path.
- Change the color gradation angle.
- Cast shadow around the text image.
- Create a favorite font list.
- Save a text image as a file (click on ExportPict) or generate a bunch of image frames at a time for animation (Click on ExportRT).
- Save progress as a project file. Double-click on a project file to reproduce last progress.
- Make current settings as default ones. (See Save As Default Settings under TextAround2.)
- Change the view rate (10%, 20%, …, 100%, 200%, 300%).
- The introduction window gives you a 7-page quick tour over how the application works.
- Languages: English only.
- The application supports the fullscreen.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- Application file size: 42.5 MB.
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- 10.7 (tested with 10.7.5), 10.8 (not tested), 10.9 (tested with 10.9.4)
- 64-bit system
- Supported export formats are BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF.
- Bold and Italic typefaces apply only if the selected font supports them.
- The maximum font size is 599 points.
2.1.6 (Released on April 14, 2015)
- The application is no longer compatible with Mac OS X Lion (10.7).
- Fix: For retina display models, the application saved circular images twice the dimensions they are supposed to at 144 dpi in resolutions.
2.1.4 (Released on November 28, 2014)
- The maximum font size is newly set to 599 points.
- Deprecated methods and functions are fixed.
2.1.3 (Released on October 13, 2014)
- Fix: When the application loaded default saved settings, the add favorite font button (+) did not become active.
- FIX: A custom font was not working.
- 10 additional text styles are added.
2.x.x (Apple, Inc. has recently messed up with their iTunes Connect system with a major upgrade. We now don’t know what the true version is although it says it’s 2.0.4, which we have not even been able to submit to them.)
- Fix: The export toolbar buttons remained active if when the user deselected a color style.
- 20 new text color styles are added.
- The user now has an option of loading sample color styles as text images or non-text images.
- A few other changes are made.
Application user’s guide is available (only in English). Click here to access it online.
Sample QuickTime movie
Click here to play back text rotation movie. It can take 20 to 30 seconds to load up data.
Click here to download a trial version. This trial version will remain fully functional for 10 days, starting from the very moment you first launch it.
A video tutorial with text commentary is available in the form of a QuickTime movie. Click here. The data size is 129.8 MB, and the movie duration is 14 minutes and 0 seconds. The video dimensions are 1,440 x 900 pts.
TextAround2 is a product of MacHouse.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.