TOKYO (MacHouse) – We thought we switched over to iOS and game development a few months ago. Well, we are pretty much back to Mac OS X software development again. In fact, we submitted our second software title of the month to Mac App Store several hours ago. This new software title is called FonVee.
FonVee is similar to our existing software title called FontsView and FontsView2. FonVee lets you create images out of styled text, utilizing font typefaces. Bold and italic are most common font typefaces. There are more like condensed, light, medium, oblique and slated. So FonVee lets you use these font typefaces to make beautiful styled text. And you can save it as an image file with a click of a toolbar button without letting the application prompt you to name a file. If you click on Export button, FonVee will just send a text image to your shared folder. So you can continue to work on your styled text without interruption.
- Set up a shared folder so that you can save a text image without letting the application prompt you to name a file.
- Control styled text with text alignment, shadow, underline, strikeline, kerning, line height, stroke.
- Save most-frequently-used typefaces to your favorite list. Choose one from a drop-down menu to quickly select your favorite one over the font panel.
- Save your text images with or without a solid background color.
- Save your progress as a project file. Double-click on one to reproduce progress.
- Languages: English and Japanese only.
- The application supports the fullscreen.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- Application file size: 2.0 MB
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- Mac OS X 10.7 (untested), 10.8 (tested), 10.9 (tested)
- 64-bit system
- Supported export formats are BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF.
1.0.6 (June 27, 2014)
- Fix: The application could fail to save a project file.
1.0.5 (June 19, 2014)
- The user can now send styled image to a printer.
- The application did not restore the correct font size when the user opened a project file.
- The application did not set the value labels over the topbar correctly when the user opened a project file.
1.0.2 (June 16, 2014)
- Fix: A few minor fixes for the Japanese localization are made.
1.0.1 (June 13, 2014)
- Fix: The application could open the introduction screen even after the user turns on ‘Don’t show this window’ checkbox.
Application user’s guide is available (only in English). Click here to access it online.
Click here to download a trial version. It’s fully functional till June 18th, 2014. Rewind the system clock to continue to use it after expiration.
A video tutorial with text commentary is available in the form of a QuickTime movie. Click here. The data size is 95.1 MB, and the movie duration is 10 minutes and 12 seconds. The video dimensions are 1,440 x 900 pts.
FonVee is a product of MacHouse.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Mac App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.