TOKYO (MacHouse) – For the past one or two weeks, we’ve been having a serious network issue. As a result, we are not able to get on the Internet. So we may not be able to respond to your comments as early as you expect. We lose connection about 14 out of 24 hours each day. Life can sometimes get rough if it’s built on the premise that you are always connected.
Meanwhile, we’ve managed to build a new software title. It’s been several hours since we submitted it to Mac App Store. This new software release is called Buttons123 Plus.
Buttons123? No, it’s Buttons123 Plus. It’s an extended version of the former. Buttons123 lets you create web buttons with ease like 1-2-3. This new software release adds several features to the basic functions of Buttons123 so that you can make web buttons more attractive. Instead of selecting a solid color to paint the background button layer, Buttons123 Plus lets you paint it with a color gradation. And Buttons123 Plus lets you cast shadow on the text layer outwards. You can also emboss text inwards with a color of your selection.
- Inner-glow the button layer.
- Cast shadow around the button layer.
- Control the degree of corner roundness.
- Make the button look like shining with semi-transparent layers. Choose a separate color each for the top shine and bottom shine layers.
- Insert a text title (only one title) to the button with the font of your selection and text color.
- Adjust the text layer position vertically.
- Paint the button layer with a color gradation.
- Emboss the text layer with a color of your selection.
- Cast shadow around the text layer.
- Save progress as a project file. Just double-click on a project file to resume progress.
- Export button in BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PDF (part of printing operation), PNG, TIFF.
- Manage project files comprehensively under the Projects window. Preview a project with a click on a file.
- Language: English only.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- The application supports the fullscreen mode.
- Application file size: 2.3 MB
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9
- 64-bit system
- The maximum width and height of a button are 2024 points, respectively.
- The user can only insert one text title to the button.
Note: Release dates are ones when updates are announced here, not when updates are actually released at Mac App Store. We make no promise that they will be accepted by iTunes Connect and then released at Mac App Store.
1.1.0 (May 18, 2014)
- When the user selects a project over the project window and the original font is not found (for example, as a result of installing new fonts), the application will replace the original font with the default system font to show a preview. Accordingly, a yellow warning label will appear to the right of the font field.
- When the user opens a project and the original font is not found (for example, as a result of installing new fonts), the application will replace the original font with the default system font to show a preview.
1.0.5 (December 27, 2013)
- If the user sets the emboss value to 0.0, the application will completely dismiss the said effect.
- All popover sliders are vertically stretched further longer.
- The user can additionally set the view ratio to 150%, 200%, 300%.
- Choosing Project Downloads under Help, the user can access developer’s web site to download Buttons123 Plus sample project files.
1.0.2 (November 15, 2013)
- Fix: When the application entered the fullscreen mode, the checkerboard image did not get adjusted.
1.0.1 (November 13, 2013)
- Fix: When the user shrank the main application window size, the button image on the display window could be cut off on the right side.
Click here to download a trial version. Meanwhile, if you regularly review Mac software, you may be eligible for receiving free coupon codes, which can be redeemed at Mac App Store. Click here for more information.
A video tutorial with text commentary is available in the form of a QuickTime movie. Click here. The data size is 100.6 MB and the movie duration is 10 minutes and 55 seconds.
Buttons123 Plus is a product of MacHouse.