TOKYO (MacHouse) – So far, we’ve submitted 4 software titles to Mac App Store this month. The most difficult part is come up with a new development idea these days. So it’s not easy for us to get our hands on a 5th or 6th application within the same month. Oh, whoa… Here comes the 5th software submission of the month. This new software submission is called TextAround.
TextAround is a desktop application that lets you easily design colorful, circular text. You can apply a color gradation to text. What you see is what you get. And you can save this circular text as an image in BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG or TIFF.
- Choose a font and a text size. Set the radius of circular text.
- Add any number of color stops to create a color gradation.
- Apply shadow to text with your selection of color and blur radius.
- Rotate text.
- Save progress as a project file. Double-click on a project file to recover progress.
- Language: English only.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- The application supports the fullscreen mode.
- Application file size: 2.9 MB
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9
- 64-bit system
- Monitor capable of displaying at least 822 x 787 points
- The radius of circular text layer must be at least 10 points with no larger than 3,200 points
- The text size must be at least 1 point with no larger than 999 points.
Note: Release dates are ones when updates are announced here, not when updates are actually released at Mac App Store. We make no promise that they will be accepted by iTunes Connect and then released at Mac App Store.
1.0.2 (October 30, 2013)
- Change: The ticks are removed around the circular slider, which is used to the angle of circular text. Because of these ticks, the user could previously rotate the dial control by 10 degrees.
- A few other minor changes including correcting typos are done.
Click here to download a trial version. Meanwhile, if you regularly review Mac software, you may be eligible for receiving free coupon codes, which can be redeemed at Mac App Store. Click here for more information.
Application user’s guide is available (only in English). Click here to access it online.
A video tutorial with text commentary is available in the form of a QuickTime movie. Click here. The data size is 62.3 MB and the movie duration is 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
TextAround is a product of MacHouse.