TOKYO (MacHouse) – Finally, Apple, Inc. officially released Mavericks yesterday. And we are ready to release a Mavericks-only software title, which we submitted to Mac App Store More than an hour ago. This new software submission is called easyOldies.
easyOldies is a desktop application that makes a picture look like an old photo easily. It utilizes 8 new Core Image graphic filters + 1 traditional effect to achieve this goal. As a result, when you select a picture on the photo list at the bottom, you will have 9 filtered pictures. You now have an option of saving any them as a new picture (BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG or TIFF with v.1.1.0) with or without further applying color adjustments (hue, saturation, brightness, contrast). So you know… It’s quite easy to use.
- Select one of 9 filtered pictures to save as a new image.
- Adjust the default sepia intensity level between 0 and 1 in Preferences.
- Adjust the default JPEG compression rate in Preferences.
- Make color adjustments (hue, saturation, brightness, contrast) to the selected filtered picture.
- Undo/Redo changes when making color adjustments to the selected filtered picture.
- Save a filtered picture as a BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG or TIFF image. (v.1.1.0)
- Save a bordered, filtered picture as a BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG or TIFF image.(v.1.1.0)
- Set default border width and a border color in Preferences. (v.1.1.0)
- Language: English only.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- Application file size: 2.3 MB
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- Mac OS X 10.9 (tested with 10.9.4), 10.10 (tested with 10.10.0)
- 64-bit system
- Monitor capable of displaying at least 822 x 787 points
- The user can save the filtered pictured as a BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG or TIFF image. (v.1.1.0)
- The application window is not resizable.
- The application supports the following graphic formats for source pictures: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PDF, PNG, PSD, TIFF as a source picture.
- A border size must be at 1 point and no greater than 999 points.
Note: Release dates are ones when updates are announced here, not when updates are actually released at Mac App Store. We make no promise that they will be accepted by iTunes Connect and then released at Mac App Store.
1.1.3 (November 19, 2014)
- Fix: The application could fail to read a dragged-and-dropped image if the system language is anything other than English.
- Deprecated methods and functions are fixed.
- A few other changes and fixes are made.
1.1.0 (October 30, 2013)
- Change: Three export toolbar buttons are removed. Instead, click on the single Export toolbar button or choose Export under File to save filtered picture as BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG or TIFF. See the Open/Export tab in Preferences to set the default export format.
- The user can now border a filtered picture, which can be saved as a BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG or TIFF image. See the Border tab in Preferences to set default settings.
1.0.3 (October 25, 2013)
- The notification feature is removed.
1.0.2 (October 24, 2013)
- A few typos are corrected.
- The way the application puts a notification did not follow OS X Human Interface Guidelines.
Click here to download a trial version. Meanwhile, if you regularly review Mac software, you may be eligible for receiving free coupon codes, which can be redeemed at Mac App Store. Click here for more information.
easyOldies is a product of MacHouse.