TOKYO (MacHouse) – So Apple, Inc. is likely to release a new operating system around September 22nd. Well, we haven’t had a chance to test it yet. Anyway, we have one more application to release before Apple, Inc. introduces us Mavericks. Actually, we already submitted it to Mac App Store about an hour ago. This software submission is called TextCandy.
TextCandy is an extensive status menu application that gives you quick access to text strings (e-mail addresses, code snippets and URLs) you frequently use. It’s not an ordinary status menu application as you can create as many as 16 text fields (text groups). You can store any number of text strings under any of them. Switch between text fields with a click of mouse. You can assign an icon to each text field. Because of these icons, exploring TextCandy’s status menu, you can tell which text field you are under at a glance.
- Create as many as 16 text fields (text groups).
- Create any number of text records under any of text fields.
- Assign an icon to a text group. Choose one of more than 50 built-in icons.
- Click on the title of a text record to copy the corresponding text string into the clipboard.
- Insert the current time or the current date in one of eight languages (English-US, English-UK, Spanish, French, Japanese, German, Portuguese, Italian) to the text field when creating a text record. (See Text menu.)
- Language: English only.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- Application file size: 3.2 MB
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9
- 64-bit system
- A text field title must have 30 characters or less
- The user can create as many as 16 text fields (text groups).
- The data is not encrypted.
Note: Release dates are ones when updates are announced here, not when updates are actually released at Mac App Store. We make no promise that they will be accepted by iTunes Connect and then released at Mac App Store.
1.1.4 (April 4, 2015)
- The methods containing deprecated APIs are fixed.
- Mac OS X 10.7 is cut off as a development target. The application now supports Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
- The field pictures are put in the TIFF package.
- Fix: Some push buttons did not have a key equivalent.
1.1.0 (May 23, 2014)
- The field icons are replaced by an army of 97 new pictures. Existing users may have to assign a new icon to each field again. Apology…
- When the user places their mouse over a field picture at the top the status menu, the corresponding field title will appear right above.
1.0.5 (October 18, 2013)
- Changes: All field icons which are known as system-provided icons that come from the system are replaced by non-Apple ones.
- Fix: Clicking on a field icon on the status menu did not always let the application switch fields.
- A few other changes and fixes are done.
Click here to download a trial version. Meanwhile, if you regularly review Mac software, you may be eligible for receiving free coupon codes, which can be redeemed at Mac App Store. Click here for more information.
TextCandy is a product of MacHouse.