LittleClean2 is an updated version of LittleClean, an existing software title that is only available at Mac App Store. It’s a desktop application that lets you execute name changes on multiple files and folders in a folder you select. To tell the truth, we have rarely used it ourselves till recently. We can use an application like LittleClean so that we can rename image files for the Retina display quickly. As you may know, image files that are used for the Retina display must end with ‘@2x.’
There are several major changes. LittleClean Version 2 has been developed from scratch with Objective-C. It’s now a Cocoa application. The most noticeable change is that you can now undo and redo name changes as many times as the stack of changes allows. Notice that the list of original file names is equipped with checkboxes. You can now tell the application on which name you want to execute name changes. The checked names are immune to changes.
- Add a string of letters to the beginning of or the end of each name. Use the switch control and choose Left (beginning) or Right (end).
- Remove an x number of letters where x is a number from the beginning or the end of each file name.
- Replace a string of letters with another on each name.
- Enumerate file/folder names. (with Version 2.1.0 or greater)
- Turn on/off checkboxes and tell LittleClean on which file names you want to execute changes. Checked names are immune to name changes.
- The application records name changes when you select and open a source folder. Click on the Undo button to undo name changes. Click on the Redo button to redo name changes.
- The application monitors the content of the source folder you select. When one or more files in it goes missing, a status message will appear, asking you to reload the current source folder or to select another.
- Save the list of new file names as a text file. Send the list to a printer.
- Language: English only.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- The application supports the full screen mode.
- Application file size: 1.4 MB
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9
- 64-bit system
- The Add string cannot start with a period (.) to make files invisible or contain a colon (:). The same rule applies to the name field for Enumeration.
- The replacement string cannot start with a period to make files invisible.
- You cannot use the application to change file extensions.
Note: Release dates are ones when updates are announced here, not when updates are actually released at Mac App Store. We make no promise that they will be accepted by iTunes Connect and then released at Mac App Store.
2.1.0 (May 23, 2014)
- The print function is rewritten for more reliable performance.
- The application prohibits the user from naming files with the colon.
- The user can now enumerate file names with a name prefix string.
- A few other changes and improvements are made.
2.0.1 (September 30, 2013)
- Fix: When the user removed a string of letters from the left-hand side, the application created two rows for each file name on the new file names list as a result.
Click here to download a trial version. Meanwhile, if you regularly review Mac software, you may be eligible for receiving free coupon codes, which can be redeemed at Mac App Store. Click here for more information.
A video tutorial for Version 2.1 with text commentary is available in the form of a QuickTime movie. Click here. The data size is 46.8 MB, and the movie duration is 5 minutes and 2 seconds. The video dimensions are 1,440 x 900 pts.
LittleClean2 is a product of MacHouse.