TOKYO (MacHouse) – What a nightmare week! The main iMac computer we’ve been using is broken. He just had his 2nd birthday some 10 days ago. So we’ve been forced to buy a new one. The repair cost for the broken one is about US$450, Apple, Inc. says. Additionally, we’ve been trying to submit a new application to Mac App Store. Yet, iTunes Connect has been having network problems half a day long. Anyway, the first software title of the month we have is called Buttons123.
Buttons123 is a Mac desktop application that lets you create web button images with rounded corners in a matter of probably not a few seconds like 1-2-3 but maybe in several seconds. You can cast shadow inside and outside of the button. You can of course insert a text title (only one title) to the button with the font and text color of your selection. More interestingly, you can save button properties. So select a button to load in the scroll view window at the bottom and click on the Load tool button to reconstruct a web button.
- Cast shadow inside and outside of the button.
- Control the degree of corner roundness.
- Make the button look like shining with semi-transparent white layers.
- Insert a text title (only one title) to the button with the font of your selection and text color.
- Click on the second disclosure button to control the vertical position of text insertion.
- Set a background color.
- Save and load buttons (button properties).
- Export a button to JPEG, PDF, PNG, TIFF.
- Language: English only.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- Application file size: 4.3 MB
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or higher (compatible with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks)
- 64-bit system
- At least 325 MB dedicated to this application
- The maximum width and height of a button are 2048 points, respectively.
- The user can only insert one text title to the button.
- The button title must be entered in one line.
Note: Release dates are ones when updates are announced here, not when updates are actually released at Mac App Store. We make no promise that they will be accepted by iTunes Connect and then released at Mac App Store.
1.0.3 (Released on November 9, 2013)
- Fix: The application should have rounded the corners before casting inner glow.
- Fix: When the user entered a width or a height, the labels indicating the maximum corner and inner glow values did not get updated.
- The application icon has been redesigned.
1.0.1 (Released on September 5, 2013)
- Fix: The application allowed the user save a button (button properties) with the name left blank.
Click here to download a trial version. Meanwhile, if you regularly review Mac software, you may be eligible for receiving free coupon codes, which can be redeemed at Mac App Store. Click here for more information.
Buttons123 is a product of MacHouse.