TOKYO (MacHouse) – It’s probably not difficult for you to send the exactly same message to tens or hundreds of people at a time. But what if you want to send the same message with something like a unique coupon code to each person? That can be a challenge. Imagine that you have to distribute a promotional coupon code redeemable at Mac App Store to each of 50 Mac software review people. There must be an easy approach. Hmm… How about Super MSG? It’s a new Mac software release that we submitted to Mac App Store some 10 hours ago.
Super MSG is a Mac desktop application that lets you create one Mail message that can be sent out to a number of people with values uniquely adjusted for each recipient. You can let Super MSG extract data from Contacts to create a group of mail recipients to whom you would like to send a message. Select a text file so that Super MSG can allocate one key code (i.e. software activation key, coupon code) to each mail recipient. Easily find out which key code has been used and which has not been under the Key tab.
Note that Super MSG only generates e-mail messages, which must be sent out through Mail. Super MSG is not designed to send them out for you.
- Extract data (first names, last names, e-mail addresses) from Apple’s Contacts.
- Select a text file from which to extract a list of e-mail addresses.
- Extract sender e-mail addresses from Mail.
- Select a text file so that Super MSG can allocate a key code to each mail recipient.
- Write a Mail message with key tags, which Super MSG will replace with actual values for each mail recipient.
- Create as many number of mail groups as you need.
- Create as many number of mail messages as you need.
- Move a selection of mail recipients to a different group.
- Duplicate a selection of mail recipients into a different group.
- Duplicate a mail message.
- Language: English only.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- Application file size: 2.4 MB
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or higher (compatible with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks)
- 64-bit system
- In order to extract Contacts data (first names, last names, e-mail addresses), you must grant the application permission to access it. See System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Contacts to change your status setting for this application.
Note: Release dates are ones when updates are announced here, not when updates are actually released at Mac App Store. We make no promise that they will be accepted by iTunes Connect and then released at Mac App Store.
1.0.9 (Released on October 29, 2013)
- The application resumes the states of toolbar buttons more effectively.
- Fix: Typos on calendar months are fixed.
1.0.8 (Released on September 19, 2013)
- Fix: The application could crash in and out of the full screen mode.
1.0.7 (Released on August 27, 2013)
- Fix: ‘Launch application with default window dimensions’ in Preferences was not working.
- The user can now delete the selected key or delete all keys under the Key tab. (Choose Delete Key/Delete All Keys under Key.)
- The user can reset key colors (Choose Set Keys Unused under Key.)
- The user can now set the default syntax color in Preferences.
- The user can now double-click on any part of pathcontrol’s components and reveal it in Finder.
- Application’s icon has been revised.
- A few other minor changes are done.
There is no copy of software for evaluation purpose at this time. Meanwhile, if you regularly review Mac software, you may be eligible for receiving free coupon codes, which can be redeemed at Mac App Store. Click here for more information.
Super MSG is a product of MacHouse.