TOKYO (MacHouse) – Last month, we released five Mac software titles. So far, we have none this month. Actually… We have one desktop application that made it to Apple‘s Mac App Store a few hours ago. This software release is called Bdays.
Bdays is a desktop application that lets you manage a number of birthdays comprehensively. You can let Bdays scan a picture and clip out usable faces, which will be used as the faces of personal profiles. Use Bdays to easily find out how old the selected person is and in how many days the birthday of the selected person arrives. Also, let Bdays figure out who is having a birthday within X days where you specify X between 1 and 100.
- Create as many birthday lists as you need.
- Let Bdays scan a photo for usable faces.
- Let Bays automatically figure out when the next birthday arrives for the selected birthday person.
- Easily find out who is having a birthday within the number of days you specify.
- Bdays supports the following date languages: English (US), English (UK), French, Spanish, Japanese, German, Portuguese, Italian.
- Save the face pictures of the selected person as image files.
- Save the personal profiles of the selected persons as a tab-separated text file.
- Create as many as two additional fields for personal information.
- Customize the looks of the face browser with selected colors.
- Show at the status bar the names of people who are having their birthday within user-specified number of days every time you launch the application. (See Preferences > Misc)
- Language: English only.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- Application file size: 2.7 MB
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or higher (compatible with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks)
- 64-bit system
- A birthday must be set before the date of January 1, 1885 00:00 AM. Also, the user cannot use a future date as a birthday.
- A layout color must be opaque (not transparent or translucent).
- The user must choose one of the following graphic formats to save face pictures as image files: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PNG.
- The number of days within which people are to have their birthday under the Birthday tab must be set between 1 and 100.
Note: Release dates are ones when updates are announced here, not when updates are actually released at Mac App Store. We make no promise that they will be accepted by iTunes Connect and then released at Mac App Store.
1.2.4 (Released on October 28, 2013)
- The application resumes the states of toolbar buttons more effectively.
- Fix: Typos on calendar months are fixed.
1.2.3 (Released on October 21, 2013)
- Fix: The application did not change the color space when the user selects a color.
- Change: The number of arriving birthdays on the statusbar will update every 10 seconds instead of only when the application starts up.
- ‘Don’t remember the last window dimensions’ in Preferences was not working.
1.2.0 (Released on August 13, 2013)
- The user can run a search under the Search tab of the sidebar to the right in two ways. Use a name (first name or last name) to make a query. Enter a first name in the name field and press RETURN. Or enter a string of % + last name (i.e. %johnson) in the same field. The user can also use person’s age to make a query. Enter a number between 1 and 999 and press RETURN. The search function works across all birthday lists. If there is one or more matches, those matches will apear in the list box below. Select one, and Bdays will automatically select the birthday list the person belongs to locate its face.
- Status items will be updated whenever the user makes changes to person’s profile.
- The application could exhibit an exception error when the user selects and attempt to delete all people in the face browser.
- A few other minor fixes and changes are done.
1.1.0 (Released on August 7, 2013)
- Turning on ‘Status’ under the Misc tab of Preferences, an application icon will appear at the status bar that shows the names of people who are having their birthday within user-specified number of days. (See Preferences > Misc.)
- The user is now able to print out personal profiles of selected people by choosing Print under File.
- Fix: When the user deselects a birthday list on the sidebar to the left, the application could exhibit an exception error.