TOKYO (MacHouse) – Well, it’s true that we need to do taxes. But we’ve ended up with another Mac application release. An application we’ve just submitted to Mac App Store is called Pict2Curl. Pict2Curl combines a pair of pictures with one of them curled over another, which can be saved as one image.
- Select Picture A (top picture) and Picture B (background picture), separately, with OpenPanel or drop box.
- Select the peel position (top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right).
- Control the degree by which Picture A will be curled.
- Select either Picture A or Picture B as a background shade image. Or select a solid color.
- Language: English only.
- The application supports the Retina display.
- Application file size: 2.1 MB
- The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
- Mac OS X 10.7 (tested with 10.7.5), 10.8 (tested with 10.8.4), 10.9 (tested with 10.9.5), 10.10 (tested with 10.10.0)
- 64-bit system
- Pict2Curl is designed to open the following picture types: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PDF, PNG, PSD, TIFF. Note that a picture must have at least 128 x 128 px and no larger than 2560 x 1440 px in dimensions. (Revised with v.1.1.0)
- Pict2Curl supports the following graphic formats so that the user can export a final image: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF.
- Alias files cannot be used when selecting and opening images with the drop box.
Note: Release dates are ones when updates are announced here, not when updates are actually released at Mac App Store. We make no promise that they will be accepted by iTunes Connect and then released at Mac App Store.
1.1.4 (Released on November 18, 2013)
- Fix: The application could fail to read a dragged-and-dropped image if the system language is anything other than English.
- Fix: The application could fail to export a picture if the user chose ‘Select other shade image’ for the background shade.
- Deprecated methods and functions are fixed.
- Other changes and fixes are done.
1.1.0 (Released on July 10, 2013)
- Change: The user can cast gradient colors, as opposed to a single solid color, on the back of the curled picture.
- The user can select an alternative picture for shade background image. Choose other shade image on the drop-down menu for background shade.
- The application no longer allows the user to open a picture larger than 2560 x 1440 px.
- Several other minor changes and improvements are done.
September 24, 2013
Please note that this Mac App Store application is likely to be updated to Version 2 with introduction of Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. It’ll be a separate, independent release from the current one. In other words, it’ll be a separate purchase for existing users of Version 1.x.x. That’s because Apple, Inc. quietly introduced a few days ago a dozen new Core Image filters, one of which deals with creating the curled picture. This new filter will be able to cast shadow around the curled part. It’s only available with Mac OS 10.9 (and iOS 7). As you probably know, Mac App Store does not give existing users an upgrade discount. Even after we release Version 2, this version won’t be abandoned, though. By the way,
Click on the button to download a trial version.
Pict2Curl is a product of MacHouse.
Some of the pictures used in application’s User’s Guide come from PD Photo.