TOKYO (MacHouse) – We thought we were going to end the month of April with Presenta and Presenta Lite. I guess we were wrong. We just released another pair of iPad applications some 10 minutes. The first iOS application to introduce today is FontsView Portable.
We initially developed FontsView for Mac OS X. It’s also available for Windows. Now, it’s available for iPad.
FontsView Portable (hereafter, FontsView) is designed such that users can compare different styles of text with a color and a size of your selection. When you have several dozen fonts, it won’t be easy to pick the best choice for a particular text string. So the idea is that you enter a string of text and then select this font and that font so that you can make the best choice visually. Furthermore, using Compare, you can compare different styles of text side by side in a list.
- Add fonts that you frequently use to the Favorite font list for quick access.
- Use Compare to compare different styles of text side by side, removing insignificant styles, changing order of appearance.
- Make changes to text. Undo/Redo changes. FontsView supports the full undo/redo function when it comes to editing input text string.
- Choose one of seven colors for the background color of the text display area.
- Configure your default settings in the Settings screen.
- Language: English only.
- Application file size: 5.6 MB
- The application comes with a complete built-in user’s guide. (Tap ‘Help’ on the navigation bar)
- iOS 6.0 or higher
- The text underline property is not applicable when comparing different styles of text under the Compare screen.
- This application supports only the landscape orientation (horizontal).
Note: Release dates are ones when updates are announced here, not when updates are actually released at App Store. We make no promise that they will be accepted by iTunes Connect and then released at App Store.
1.0.1 (Released on May 6, 2013)
- Fix: The application could fail to load favorite fonts when the user tapped the Show button.
FontsView Portable is a product of MacHouse.